The mission of Charlestown Playhouse, Inc. is to provide an accessible, safe, and nurturing play-based early childhood program. Our goal is to support both children and their families through their participation in our diverse community.
About Our School
Charlestown Playhouse (affectionately known as Playschool) is located in Phoenixville, Pennsylvania. The historic building and grounds are surrounded by farmland and forest. Our expansive outdoor play area allows ample opportunity for playing and exploring nature.
Charlestown Playhouse provides a nurturing and stimulating environment where children become creative, independent, self expressive and self confident individuals. Our state licensed program is aligned with the PA Early Learning Standards for Early Childhood Education.
We offer an exceptional learning environment that supports the whole child’s development and places the needs of the children first by providing a loving, caring, and supportive environment in a developmentally appropriate setting. Our teachers help each child develop positive self-concepts and to embrace the diversity among us all. The school is committed to support a fully inclusive environment for all children. At Playschool each child feels respected, loved, and secure; all the ingredients necessary to be “ready to learn”. Each child leaves our school ready for the new challenges and opportunities of primary education and beyond.
- Celebrate each child’s unique strengths and individuality
- Recognize and support each child’s emotional needs
- Support the child’s right to make independent choices and move freely among the various activities offered
- Respect and act on the child’s ideas
- Encourage children to become critical thinkers
- Cultivate the children’s imagination and encourage them to explore their environment
The goals of our developmentally appropriate co-operative program are the following:
- To have children learn through the experience of involvement with other people and their environment.
- To foster social development through learning to negotiate, take turns, and to make friends.
- To have children learn skills in problem solving and develop critical thinking skills.
- To provide a positive experience as a basis for future education and learning.
- To support families in their parenting and help them to learn to participate in their child’s educational experiences.
Charlestown Playhouse provides equal opportunities to all individuals and prohibits any form of discrimination and harassment on the basis of sex, race, color, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or disability in any decision making regarding admissions, employment, enrollment or activity in accordance with the letter and spirit of federal, state, and local non-discrimination and equal opportunity laws, such as Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972, The Age Discrimination in Employment Act, The Americans with Disabilities and ADA Amendments Act, The Equal Pay Act, and the Pennsylvania Human Relations Act.
Questions or complaints regarding this policy statement should be directed to Laura Sacco, Head of School, Charlestown Playhouse Inc, who can be reached at Charlestown.email@example.com.